You probably don't spend much time thinking about the factory ignition in your Nissan. You either turn the key or press a start button if you have a newer model equipped with that technology, and your engine roars to life. The truth is, there's a lot more to the process than that.
How Your Ignition Works
When you turn that key or push that start button, the battery, starter solenoid, and ignition coil respond by sending an electric charge to the spark plugs in your engine's cylinder head. The plugs use that charge to ignite the mixture of air and fuel inside the engine's combustion chamber. That leads to the starter motor cranking, pistons pumping, and your engine kicking into action.
Warning Signs of Ignition Trouble
Ignition parts donÕt last forever, though. If you experience any of the following, have your ignition inspected as soon as possible:
- Trouble starting your vehicle
- Dimming or flickering dash lights
- Inability to turn the ignition key
- Your starter motor quits working
If your ignition is starting to fail, replace the faulty part as quickly as you can. You can find the replacement you need right here in our online auto parts catalog. Since we only sell genuine Nissan ignition parts, you can trust that yours will fit and perform as it should. Order today and enjoy some peace of mind!
No results found for "ignition, spark plug, solenoid, starter". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!